In an effort to share my perspective with you, consider my explanation of the stages we all go through in life. Not everyone feels they can move up, but I believe involved citizens do try to progress forward. I want the children in our district to grow up being healthy, wealthy, wise, tax paying, society contributing, adults who grow up and leave the nest. Where do you find yourself in the stages listed below?
Stage 1: Needy Usually children and a few adults that require up to 100% support from parents and society.
Stage 2: Self-Sufficient Individuals Adults able to pay and take care of themselves without aid.
Stage 3: Self-Sufficient Families Adults who are able to take care of themselves & their families.
Stage 4: Society Contributors Adults who take care of themselves, their families but also have time and resources to better the community and their corner of the world.
Did you find yourself? When I view this list as a 45 years old, I see myself at a “Stage 4” time in my life. I believe I serve my family, my church, my friends and co-workers well. Now I want to “kick it up a notch,” as chef Emeril Lagasse would say. I am ready and willing to serve you and our community. As you consider voting for me this coming May, I offer this list.
1. Fred Campos is a 23 year resident of Bedford and has two, and soon to be three, children attending HEB ISD schools. He and his wife Karen reside at 3832 Periwinkle Street, Bedford, TX 76021.
2. Fred Campos has lived 43 years in the North Texas area. He graduated from Grapevine High School and attended the University of North Texas for three years, majoring in Computer Science.
3. Fred Campos is an active member of the HEB Chamber of Commerce.
4. Fred Campos has owned businesses in all three cities: Bedford, Hurst and currently Euless.
5. Fred Campos is very proud of our district, and the decisions made by our existing and former trustees.
6. Fred Campos is not running against a current board member but rather running to fill the vacancy in Place 7 that will be left as Mark Cyrier, a fine and dedicated trustee, retires.
7. With his own kids spread throughout the HEB ISD, Fred Campos has the unique perspective, insight and experience with multiple schools at the elementary, junior high and high school levels.
8. Fred Campos believes EDUCATION is the second best gift that a parent can give a child, with a relationship with God being first.
9. Fred Campos believes in the success of ALL children in our district.
10. Fred Campos believes parents should be involved in the learning process as they are the first and foremost educators of their children.
11. Fred Campos is married to a retired elementary school teacher, Karen Campos. Together they both believe the profession of educators should be held in high regard.
12. Fred’s wife, Karen Campos, graduated from the University of North Texas in five years with her bachelor’s and master’s degrees in Elementary Education with a 4.0. Yes, Fred married UP the food chain.
13. Fred Campos believes it “takes a village to educate children” and sees cooperation from the home, the school, and the district as integral to the success of the students.
14. Fred Campos is a member of, attends and serves regularly at Fellowship Church in Grapevine.
15. Fred Campos is a God fearing, Bible studying, knee praying, connect group leader.
16. Fred Campos does not drink, smoke, or allow his kids to watch ANY live television. “Ain’t nobody got time for that!”
17. Fred Campos is an avid reader, enjoying and learning from more than 50 books a year.
18. According to his teenage daughter, Caitlyn, Fred Campos is a “smart phone auditing, technology collecting, teacher emailing, online grade checking, college encouraging, chore charting, allowance motivating, friend evaluating, over-the-top boyfriend approving, overly involved dad.”
19. Fred Campos is a reverse software engineer, remittance software developer, small business web designer and humorous public speaker.
20. Due to the nature of his work, Fred Campos is a creative out-of-the-box thinker, idea generator and solution finder.
21. Fred Campos is a CC (Competent Communicator) Toastmaster. He has won club, area, and district level humorous speaking contests.
22. Fred Campos is a compelling public speaker, having taught and presented at more than 55 tradeshows and groups, over the past 10 years.
23. Fred and Karen Campos both serve as volunteers in many different capacities throughout the year at the schools their children attend.
24. Fred Campos is currently a community member volunteer for Trojan Talk at Trinity High School. He mentors and leads group discussions each month on topics relevant to teenagers.
25. Fred Campos currently attends with his family and supports a wide variety of district events such as sports, competitions, band events, language presentations, Suzuki strings, Elementary Honor Choir, Spelling and Geography Bees, and PTAs.
26. Fred Campos has completed the HEB ISD Leadership Academy.
27. Fred Campos has participated in and graduated from the HEB ISD Leadership Academy II.
28. Fred Campos supports the district concept of “Core Knowledge.”
29. Fred Campos supports the district concept of Strategic Planning and Continuous Improvement.
30. Fred Campos has attended more than 20 public school board meetings over the past 2 1/2 years.
31. Fred Campos is acquainted with the key players in administration and has read and reviewed all board agendas, slides, and presentations over the past three years.
32. Fred Campos, being a geeky engineer, has read and studied the mounds of public statistical data associated with the district ranging from budget dollars to demographics of our students.
33. Fred Campos believes in frugal spending, balanced budgets and stretching every penny of the district’s stakeholders.
34. Fred Campos is a continuous learner who embraces and studies technology, always on the lookout for high quality free opportunities to help educate our children, like Duolingo, Memrise, Khan Academy. Check them out!
35. Fred Campos, having run a social media company in the past, understands the benefits and pitfalls of social media communication and our ever widening digital footprint.
36. Fred Campos has served the community previously on the following three boards: the DFW Writer’s Group (in Euless as treasurer for two years), the Rustic Woods Neighborhood Association (in Bedford as treasurer for two years) and the Irving Toastmaster Club (in Irving as president for a year).
37. Fred Campos believes all children should have the opportunity to attend college if they choose, but wants to encourage and provide solid success paths for our children who choose not to immediately after high school.
38. Fred Campos has shared coffee with existing trustees, attended Superintendent lunches and spent time with former Superintendent, Gene Buinger.
39. Fred Campos is willing to make the time and commitment to attend all school board meetings.
40. Fred Campos will have three children in the district attending three different schools at all three levels: elementary, junior high, and high school, all at the same time. This placement, gives him a unique perspective of the district at all three levels.
41. Fred Campos has been involved with his children in district for the past 11 years.
42. Fred Campos understands firsthand the struggles of single and blended families in our district.
43. Fred Campos understands the potential problems that may arise in regards to education issues for blended kids, step-parents, visitation models and vacation planning.
45. Fred Campos understands the special needs of a dyslexic 504 coded child and the struggles parents go through in assisting and advocating for these kids.
46. Fred Campos’s 11 year old son, Zachary Campos, currently involved in the World Languages Program, attends Viridian Elementary School, sings HEB Elementary Honor Choir, and has recently been accepted into the IBI Program to learn Arabic at Central Jr. High.
47. Fred Campos understands the social and emotional needs of gifted and talented children and the struggles parents go through in assisting and advocating for these kids.
48. Both of Fred Campos’s older children, Caitlyn & Zachary have been involved in HEB’s Spanish Immersion Program.
49. By the time Fred’s youngest son graduates from high school, Fred will have been involved in the district AS A PARENT for 24 years.
50. When Fred Campos’s children have all completed high school, Fred will possibly have been involved in seven of HEB ISD’s schools.
Please vote for Fred Campos, School Board Place 7, this May 2015!
What questions do you have for Fred Campos running in Place 7?
Fred Campos is currently running in Place 7 in May 2015. To stay up on current his campaign, views, and news, make sure you subscribe to this feed.